Present Condition : Day 54

Present Conditon: Day Fifty Four Night
Level 80. Tanks 80. Points 1,604,4366
Approx Net Worth: 600,127,344 coins
Number of Great White Sharks: 4000

☆☆☆Quest completed July 27, 18:51 Japan time☆☆☆
Total Time: 53 Days 19 hours 6 minutes

6.17.2010

Two Weeks of Tap Fishing


How much fish could a fish tap tap if I fish tap could tap fish?
Is the above remark confusing? Well it is a window into my state of mind right now. While I'm only playing the game two hours out of the day, I'm still thinking about it a lot. (World Cup? Does it have anything to to with Tap Fish? BP oil spill? How is it affecting the fish in Tap Fish?)
Anyway, I had my best XP day so far at 36,5553 points and my coin still went up by about 300,000 so I am not complaining. For those who are interested, by the way, there is a good debate going on the Tap Fish discussion board and my own comments board about my best course of action to completing the project. It seems to be split into a High Levels vs Golden Dwarves fight. A lot of math is going around encouraging me to cut the Dwarves, increase High levels and Greenies. I understand the math, but it seems to be forgetting that real life gets in the way. Today, I ran about 47 tanks which I sold/restocked 5 times to reach 36,500 points. However that was a lot of hard work that took up 90 minutes of my day. Can I increase the number of Greenie tanks and live. Having a job, there will also be day when I just can't sell 5 times over. On those days, does it not make sense to scale the Greenies back to about 30 tanks and stock the rest with Dwarves in order to increase my coins. Remember than Dwarves more than double in value. What other fish does that? (okay, the goldfish does too.)
Besides their high revenue, I guess I just like the Dwarves' cheapness and flexibility. A Dwarf cost 280, a barracuda 23,000. I can run 50 tanks of Dwarves if I want, but I can hold three full tanks of Barracuda. Also Dwarves are sold in a day, giving me the flexibility to change strategies as real life dictates. A Barracuda, on the other hand, ties up a lot of capital that can't be used for 6 long days. Given the reality of the working world I live in, I can't ignore the usefulness of the Dwarf.
Having said that, I will run only two tanks of Dwarves tomorrow, as well as three tanks of Swords, and 48 tanks of Greenies. Can I sell them 5 times over? Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your quest. But how can you go on?!?! I just reached level 44 and they increased the xp's needed _again_. 50000? It's just unwinnable. I can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you get to level 80 how many tanks of great whites can you fill? are you thinking of your coin reserve? it will take 7.5 million coins for one tank of great whites
    I'm at level 66.... 66 tanks full of eels- eels have the highest profit margin per tank hour- currently 984,674,832 coins ...... next time i sell I'll have over 1 BILLION coins.... then Im goin for level 80....when I get there I'll be able to fill all tanks with great whites.... 7.5 milion coins per tank , 80 tanks ..... that's 600 million coins with about a half billion left over ..... what else is there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracie's comment on the fan page is right on -- if you have time for barracudas to mature, go for them! Based on this, I still think you can reach (or almost) the 600,000 needed by lvl 80, even though you are starting a little late on this strategy -- I know you think my logic is flawed, but consider this hypothetical scenario:

    Day 1 (the day you hit lvl 65) buy 3 tanks eels (150) cost = 11,850,000
    Day 5 sell for 20,250,000, buy 270 eels (5.4 tanks)
    Day 9 sell for 36,450,000, buy 486 eels (9.72 tanks)
    Day 13 sell for 65,610,000, buy 874 eels (17.48 tanks)
    Day 17 sell for 117,990,000, buy 1573 eels (31.46 tanks)
    Day 21 sell for 212,355,000, buy 2831 eels (56.62 tanks)
    Day 25 sell for 382,185,000 ----

    By your calcs you should reach 80 tanks at 24 days, but you will have to sacrifice some XP snapper tanks the last few days 21 -24, so this might not be possible. If you fill all the extra spaces left over in the tanks with dwarfs (if you have the coins not invested in every possible eel), or snappers for extra XP (if you are cash poor) . . .as you go along , this would probably speed up the process a little. You also might add a few more snapper tanks in the early going (Back on Day 13 you commented that you were all tapped out after 42 snapper tanks and couldn't think of adding more -- now you've filled 48 snapper tanks!! Maybe your fingers are getting in condition. I am sure as you get closer to your goal, you will be a tappin' fanatic! But for now, tap what you can and still have a life . . .

    If you have reached 80 at this point, fill all your tanks with eels and you will reach your goal in only 4 extra days of thumb twiddling, enough for 80 tanks of Great Whites and some bankrolled cash left over. If not, you only need 217, 815,000 pts (2905 eels / or 58.1 tanks for the 80 tanks of sharks. Anything short of this means more days of watching the grass grow . . .

    You might want to run your own numbers on this -- I could have made some grand mistake along the way! Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To reach 1.6mil xp, it's needed 39 days with 35000pt/day. Also you will need appx 16~17% coin profit a day, to achieve your goal of coin and XP at same time.
    1.16 to the 39th power = 306 times
    1.17 to the 39th power = 427 times
    (600mil coins for lv80) / (your 1.7mil) = 350 time.

    XP is the math of the addition, and coin is the math of the power, not multiply.

    My calculation is 8%/day for Sword fish and Barracuda and 16%/day for Electic Eel.
    Of course Golden Dwaft has a profit of 122%,But it is too cheap to fully utilize the coin if you have more than 5~6mil coin.

    To meet your coin and XP goal at the same time, you should maximize the coin profit rate.
    Use Golden Dwaft until lv65, then change to Electric Eel.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Der Guhoney,
    Thanks for your assesment. I think now I'll witch from Dwarfs to Grunts until level 65.

    ReplyDelete