Present Condition : Day 54

Present Conditon: Day Fifty Four Night
Level 80. Tanks 80. Points 1,604,4366
Approx Net Worth: 600,127,344 coins
Number of Great White Sharks: 4000

☆☆☆Quest completed July 27, 18:51 Japan time☆☆☆
Total Time: 53 Days 19 hours 6 minutes

7.02.2010

Into the last Long Stretch


I've made it to level 70 today, the last long stretch to the final Great White stage. I've unlocked the Manta Ray, but it does not matter. Just another unused fish on my quest for Tap Fish Greatness. Nothing matters other than those 4000 Great Whites I need when I reach level 80.
It took me 28 days, 20 hours to reach Level 70. I thought I could have broken it a little sooner, such as at about noon time, but a series of events limited my growth to just 30,000 XP today. First there was a new work schedule that made my morning too hectic to tap.
Before that, however, I made one fatal error in the early morning that through my whole day off.
Today my first batch of Electric eels matured at about 6:00 in the morning. overly excited, I decided to tend to them before my 60-odd tanks of Greenies. Being such an expensive fish, however, I decided to hand sell all 4 and a half tanks of them. It was then I found out the reason why Eels are the best best money maker in the the game. They are the best money maker because they are almost impossible to sell by hand. While something like a Dwarf gives a nice round target to tap on, these eels are so thin and tiny even as adults that they tend to skitter away the moment your finger nears. Add to this the planning time needed to decide how many tanks I wanted to restock with eels, it took me almost 30 minutes before I was done with them, giving me little time to sell off all my Greenies. As a result I only managed to sell off 20 tanks of Greenies in the early morning and the rest had to wait until 9:30 to be sold.
Let this be a lesson to everyone. The points come before the money. The eels might be sexier than those Greenies, but your Greenies are your bread and butter. Give them the attention they deserve.
I've made it quite far in tap fish, but there is still a ways to go. Tap Fish says that I "just need" 80,000 XP to get to 71, but that's nearly two days away, at my present 40,000 XP a day pace. Although I have many more tanks, they take so much time considering how bloody slow Tap Fish runs on OS4. I hope the company finds a way to speed it up to its former glory. Right now it takes over a half hour to tap once through all my tanks and unless that is shortened or my wife and boss find a way for me to get paid playing Tap Fish all day long, I can't hope to tap much more than my personal best of 48,500 XP.
My fellow Tapper Rchelle found a way to increase XP income using Food Blocks. Apparently if you introduce new fish right on top of the block, it eats instantaneously and gives you a bonus XP per Fish. Theoretically you could get an extra 50 XP per tank. However these Food Blocks are Expensive and cannot be moved from tank to tank. Do I really want to blow 4 million coins to install these in all my tanks? Besides, Tap Fish has this annoying habit of confirming every point you make from feeding, meaning you would have to make an additional 50 time-wasting taps to say okay to each fish. Not for me. If I can get my 600 mil ahead of the 80 Levels, maybe I'll resort to this as a late game plan. Right now I think I will stick to my 150 XP tank scenario. I'm married too much to my IPhone as it is. Can you believe I've barely touched my new IPad I got two weeks ago.
Take care all and happy tapping!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, you wouldn't want a fish brick in every tank, but you might consider investing in one if you keep a tank for short selling. Yes, you have to confirm, but all the messages stack up and are very fast to go through. When you get to the point where you have to use many more tanks for eels, this might be a good way to pick up extra pts -- giving me about 30 extra for hardly any extra time. Wish you would put an eel count with your stats ---- you are flyin'!!!

    ReplyDelete