Present Condition : Day 54

Present Conditon: Day Fifty Four Night
Level 80. Tanks 80. Points 1,604,4366
Approx Net Worth: 600,127,344 coins
Number of Great White Sharks: 4000

☆☆☆Quest completed July 27, 18:51 Japan time☆☆☆
Total Time: 53 Days 19 hours 6 minutes

7.29.2010

Can my record be broken?


Hello, everyone. Sorry for the lateness of the blog, but I got a bit sick yesterday. I think I was living on the adrenaline of the challenge and now that its over the stress of it all caught up to me. Much better today, however.


I'm glad to report that the folks at Tapfish have recognized me to be the official Tap Fish Speed Record holder. This of course begs the question, can it be broken? Yes, it can, and I hope someone will break it someday. To me, being a former World Record Holder is just as prestigious as being an actual world record holder. Today, then, I will give advice about how to break my record.

First, let's analyze the mistakes I made along the way.

Mistake One: Timing
I began my quest at the beginning of June. However, this was a little bit busy time at work for me. If I was smarter, I would have started the quest in Mid-July to end at the end of August when business is slower and I have my summer vacation. Probably the ideal person to break the record would be some young student on summer vacation with oodles of free time.

Mistake Two: IPhone OS4.
Midway in my quest I downloaded OS4 on my 3Gs device. As a result my TapFish game was littered with unnecessary pauses. For example, I used to sell/restock a tank every 17 seconds, but OS4 added almost 10 extra seconds. This made tasks that could have been done over 15 minute coffee breaks at work impossible to do, because they now required 25 minutes. Lots of XPs were lost to this OS4.

Mistake Three: Spending too much time on the Facebook Page
Don't get me wrong. I love my facebook friends, but there were times I should have been tapping instead of posting.

Mistake Four: Worrying about coins and the appearance of the White Grunt
If you read my earlier posts in June, you would have discovered a debate about what was the best way to get the coins I needed. Lots of readers worried that I was spending too much time on XPs and wasn't spending enough on making coins. In the end, had my coins before my XPs after level 65 when I started dealing with Electric Eels (at one point I had 75 tanks of them)  My Xp tapping came to a grinding halt. It took forever to get past level 76 since 90% of the points for this level were acquired by hand selling baby Lion fish. It might have been an interesting strategy to go barreling up to Level 80 and then from there try to make my points. Having said that, reaching level 80 but still being a week or two away from completing my quest would have been a bit embarrassing.

The White Grunt
This is not a mistake but a happening that greatly changed how the game was played. The grunt was not available when I started the challenge, but played a huge role in it after it appeared. Costing only 4200 coins, it nevertheless makes 2856 coins in profit. The beauty of it is that it takes only one day to mature. Unlike the Golden Dwarf, the White Grunt was also made available at the very beginning of the game. The next person who attempts this challenge will have access to this fish from the start and therefore won't have to waste time dealing with Swordfish, Dwarves, and Barracudas like I did. This is definitely a huge advantage.

These 4 mistakes are what I believe will eventually lead to my records demise. Hopefully you guys will allow me to hold it for a month or so. If you attempt it , please remember to make a blog and take videos so your record becomes official. Looking forward to see who can do it!
Good luck tapping! Will write again soon!

2 comments:

  1. You are right about the timing. I'll start the attempt during a vacation.

    For now, we are still thankful because your attempt at a world record had added to the enjoyment of playing tapfish. Without this, TapFish is just another game.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment. Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete