Present Condition : Day 54

Present Conditon: Day Fifty Four Night
Level 80. Tanks 80. Points 1,604,4366
Approx Net Worth: 600,127,344 coins
Number of Great White Sharks: 4000

☆☆☆Quest completed July 27, 18:51 Japan time☆☆☆
Total Time: 53 Days 19 hours 6 minutes

7.05.2010

Day 32 Discovered an interesting Phenomena


Take a good look at the picture at the left. What you are looking at is not one Lionfish but 50 Lionfish sitting in the exact same place. This is my tapping tank (the place where I sell fish as soon as their born). Usually I tap on the food block and the fish feed before the next is hatched. This gives me about 20 to 30 extra experience points.
However tapping on baby Greenies with my tired hands gets to be a pain, so I like to use a bigger target, hence the Lionfish. To my surprise, the Lionfish go to the food block in the corner, but they are too big to actually eat from it, so they just sit there....forever. If you change tanks and come back they are fed and moving around, but not if you stay at the same tank. The up side of this is that it becomes very easy to tap on them because they don't move, so the tank sells quickly. Try it and see what happens.
Speaking of Lionfish, I bet it has been a while since you have seen an Exotic fish in a tank. This is because all the the Super Exotics have gotten all the attention. Playing a speed game like mine, there is no real need to ever buy Exotics. Greenies are for XP and Super Exotics such as Goldfish, Dwarves, and Grunts are for points. The problem with this is that it makes the speed game a little boring. An anonymous commentator from the day before made the point that Tap Fish becomes boring because of the vast point difference between fish. Fish like Greenies, Grunts, and Eels get overused while others such as a Frontosa, or a Banded Butterfly get ignored. I'm not a technical guy, so I don't know if this is possible or not, but wouldn't it be fun if the growing time and point value of fish changed every 5 Levels or so? For example, you hit level 30 and suddenly the Box fish matures in 3 hours while a mature Banded Butterfly is worth 2000 XP? The change would make the game fun for math guys like me, and we wouldn't have to stare at the same Grunts, Greenies, and Eels end up going to every time.
How about it everyone? Is this a good idea? Let me know!
Oh! About my game. I was busy at work, so I only managed to Tap 37,000 today. However I have some time so perhaps I can push it to 40,000. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. at the very least tap fish should give you more XPs for fish that take longer to mature. 1 xp for a green snapper should equate to 6 xp for a dwarf or grunt, and 84 xp for a sea turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops...double all those numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Different xp would be a great motivator to get the middlen fish. I am 2500 short of my level 71 and with the exception of one tank of hybrids it is all greenies and eels. Filling 60 tanks of greenies takes long enough without trying to scroll to pick a different type.
    I was hoping for a good sale on some of the high end coin fish this weekend. Alas no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. since xp is just 2 per sell, modifying it for different levels will be too much for the game. imagine even an xp of 4 for a fish, that will double the xp speed already. too much.

    what i suggest is different xp requirements per level. the jumps for every 10 levels is pretty shocking and sometimes makes you wanna sigh.. actually always. if they gradually increase, it makes the transition easier. level 80 should be 80,000 to reach, level 70 should be 40,000. so level 75 should be like 60,000 (not 80,000).

    i'm all up for adjusted buy/sell price for fish per level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today you get 2100 xp when buying à white grunt instead of the lousy one...
    Mistake: most likely, but who cares. It gets you to level 80 in no time! :)))

    ReplyDelete