Present Condition : Day 54

Present Conditon: Day Fifty Four Night
Level 80. Tanks 80. Points 1,604,4366
Approx Net Worth: 600,127,344 coins
Number of Great White Sharks: 4000

☆☆☆Quest completed July 27, 18:51 Japan time☆☆☆
Total Time: 53 Days 19 hours 6 minutes

7.11.2010

Day 37: Over 100 million

At 31,000 XP today was not a very good point day. I was expecting this, though, because I had all those stringy, slippery eels to sell. Most of the fish are well-designed, beautiful creations. Eels are not one of those creations. They are just these blackish brown lines that are incredibly hard to tap on individually. I'm so tempted to go for the instant sell option but the 15% penalty is just too much at this level. Above all this, I had a major presentation at work today that limited my morning tapping to only about 30 tanks or so.
The afternoon, however, was smooth sailing so I managed to sell three times over and tapped an additional 15 tanks or so of baby fish using the baby Lionfish/Foodblock trick. I haven't timed myself, but I think I can sell a whole tank of them now in well under a minute. Now that I have to manage 29 Eel tanks and have only 44 for Greenies, this baby-fish selling (God, that sounds awful) will become a big part of the game. I'm leaving tank 71 open with a food block so I can do this anytime I like. The beauty of the foodblock is that it freezes all the baby lionfish in a corner, so you don't have to hunt for them. Hell, I don't even have to look anymore to do it.
What is my strategy for the next four days? Right now I am just under 40,000 XP to level 74, and I really want that extra tank. Having only 44 free tanks makes this difficult. As I said before, I need to tap 267 tanks a day to get 40,000 points. Selling all my 44 five times will only bring me 220. Thank means I have to sell about 47 tanks of baby lions to ensure I make it there.
I'm not even sure about the five times selling is possible, because this slow OS4 means that is a two hour endeavour, compared to the 90 minute endeavor it would have been. After next week, downgrading from OS4 may be a mute point, but right now I still see its usefulness. I think I will try it after this blog is finished. I figure I could always upgrade again when this quest is finished in about two weeks from now.
In other news, selling Eels has been a pain, and I'm tired of looking at them. However, they have put me over the 100 million coin mark. I'm now a sixth of the way to my coin goal, which is still increasing exponentially. Looking at the overall numbers, I think it would take a near miracle to have both the points and coins ready by day 50. Fifty two or three days may be more realistic. Well I guess I should just keep plugging along at this task I have laid in front of me. Good night all!


P.S. I have been breeding, by the way. I gave up when it rewards didn't merit the effort, but with Grunts being breed able. I can make a Green Grunt that mature in 12 hours but is worth 12,000 coins. However, lacking fishbucks, I can only make two of them every three days, so their overall impact on the game is minimal. They are a nice change of pace, though, from the Eels and Greenies I have to look at all day.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd share this. After 4 months reached L74. Hope this inspires you towards L74. Good luck!
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8011&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=339052667630&aid=-1&id=100001320005648

    ReplyDelete